Thursday, August 16, 2018

"Guard Dragons In My Garden" by John Kaniecki

I am certainly having a fine day today. I am in a good mood trying to promote my writing. It has been a task that I have been working on four for years. I am still far from reaching the goal of my art meeting my financial needs. In fact, I truly need a ‘miracle’ to make my goal.


Perhaps I will be an overnight success thirty years in the making. One thing I did to promote my writings was to write poems for people on Facebook. Whenever I became friends or on a birthday I offered to write a personal poem. I hoped in turn that they would buy my book, but I never pressured anybody. The topic of the poem was up to the person. As a result, I wrote a lot of unique poems on subjects I would have never touched. ‘Guard Dragons In My Garden’ was one of them. I hope you enjoy the poem and that you will consider purchasing one of my books. If you too would like a personal poem please get in contact with me. 

Guard Dragons In My Garden

By John Kaniecki

Guard Dragons in my garden
I beg your pardon?
What are you growing that you need,
Guard Dragons in your garden
A whole host of weed?
Or perhaps something stranger indeed?
Maybe because
Despite the appropriate laws
In that fenced in acre and a half
Behind your home
You have the rarest gnome
The one that can always make you laugh
You know the tiny imp colored green
The one wearing shades at every scene
Whether twilight or midnight
And pray tell what do your dragons eat?
Delicious licorice?
Or perhaps something more sinisterly sweet?
Lake a damsel in distress
Wearing a pink cotton candy dress
Oh I can guess
Why there are Guard Dragons in your garden
In the morning I hear them roar
In the evening I hear them snore
To them life must be one great bore
For all the champions of the sword
Have joined together in one accord
To flagrantly ignore
Your Guard Dragons in the garden
These knights their hearts did harden
And they have forsaken all nobility
And chivalry
And function simply as roughnecks
Having lost all the ladies respect
Except those seeking a cheap thrill
But alas such a lass
Always will
Sell out cheap and lose no sleep
But my mind ponders and wonders
What happened to the heroes of the downtrodden?
Despite being highly paid
They are all afraid
Of Guard Dragons in the garden

Click Here


Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here

Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment