Wednesday, January 31, 2018

The Great $100 Poetry Prize

The Great $100 Poetry Prize

No entry fee!
No entry fee!!
No entry fee!!!
Did I tell you, no entry fee!!!!
What is “The Great $100 Poetry Prize?” Well come inside the circus tent and try not to go too close to the lion cage.

Time to get serious!!!

I am a writer. I am both a poet and a writer of prose. I think I have talent. My poetry has appeared in about a 100 places. I have over a dozen books out. Yet to be a successful writer I have found that one needs to be an expert in marketing. This is an experiment in promotion. With this contest you can promote your poetry. 

I write poetry and stories for the love of it. I am presently a full time caregiver for my wife. As such I cannot work a full time conventional job. I have dedicated three hard years into my writing with nominal success. All that is missing are the people to buy my books. The only thing is how to get my message out. Together we can help each other.

I am motivated by the “Mary Ballard Poetry Chapbook Prize”. This wonderful contest for poetry chapbooks had no entry fee and a five hundred dollar first prize. As such I am running a contest for individual poems with no entry fee and a one hundred dollar first prize, payable by PayPal.

Please read the rules very, very carefully.

Send all poems to peacepoems@mail.com  On the subject of the email you must have your name, the word “CONTEST” and the title of your poem.

If you don’t get a response in a week please resend it.

The poems can be reprints as long as you have the rights to let me publish them. Outside of being posted on my blog “Turn A Page Or Two” I will not further utilize the poems.

The poems must be pasted in the body of the email. You can only enter one poem. 

You must follow my blog by email. That is you must enter your email on the slot on the "Turn A Page Or Two" page. This important as the winner will be announced in this manner. 

You must share this post on your Facebook page and on any other social media you participate in.

You must get 100 hits for your poem posted on "Turn A Page Or Two" by the contest end of June 1, 2018. There will be a special prize for the post that gets the most hits.

The deadline for submissions of poems is May1, 2018.

If will do my best to announce a winner on June 1, 2018.

If you have a book you’d like to promote you can send along ‘one’ link and I will include it with your poem. Also if you have an author page you can send along ‘one’ link to that as well.

I am the sole judge of the contest and all of my decisions are final.

If you want to get an idea of what kind of poetry I like then please Google “John Kaniecki poetry”.

Or preferably you can go to my Amazon page. There you can look at my books and read the beginnings for free. If you like what you read I would appreciate a purchase.


Otherwise please read this article.




Please check out my authorpage.


Please check out my PsychCentral Blog.

7 comments:

  1. John,
    I am not familiar with blogging`posting etc I have sent a poem to the e-mail address given but not sure if I need to post here as well so here it is

    APOCALYPSE 1914-18

    I have heard the soldiers singing,
    Pure young voices strong and true.
    I have heard them speak of valour
    Each man the others must outdo

    I have watched them march to battle
    With final thoughts of home and wives
    Realising - for the first time
    They now are fighting for their lives.

    I have seen life standing – leering
    While death fondled his barbarous knife;
    Watched Apocalyptic horsemen thunder
    Savagely through fading halls of night.
    I have watched the victims stiffen,
    Petrified by loathsome scenes
    Sheering through this realm of terror
    A figment of evil, demented dreams.

    I have wept for souls returning,
    Floundering relics of mankind,
    Condemned to a living hell they wander
    Seeking a peace they cannot find.
    And on.. and on.. time after time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent in a submission, but have not received the notification that I requested to join your mailing list. Can you add me to the list manually if the system fails to do what it is supposed to do?

    -DHBogucki

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used a different email to send in my submission. Is that a problem?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Myself chirayuwriter@gmail.com I have send you my entry and i am following all your and regulations. following too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another informative blog… Thank you for sharing it…
    clipping path service

    ReplyDelete