Sunday, August 12, 2018

100 Books In !00 Days

100 Books In 100 Days

 This is the greatest send-off since the Peloponnesian Wars! And then again, sadly I must admit that it is not. But hey it is still something to get, very excited about! There will be no blood and gore, except that of fictional creation. That’s right I’m trying to sell my books.

Prizes! We are going to have some great prizes. Free copies of books, audio recordings of books, personal poems and a secretive grand prize that is something money can’t buy, or perhaps to be honest something that you would need a lot of money to buy. But it something that is very special, unique and wonderful, that I guarantee.

So how does this work? If you make a purchase simply make a comment on my page with the name of the book or books that you bought. It will be on the honor system but I can check my sales. Once your purchase is recorded your name will go on a long list. Then at certain predetermined intervals, prizes will be awarded.

Every writer would love to focus solely on the art. I am doing this as a matter of survival. It is one step above begging which I refuse to do. I believe that my books are good or even great and that the reader would benefit from reading them. I write poetry, prose and song lyrics, which includes horror, science fiction, and fantasy. But let me start off by introducing myself.

“More Than The Madness” is my memoirs. It talks about my early years and the period of time where I rode the seas full of tumultuous waves of manic depression. All in all, despite my mental illness it shows that there is “More Than The Madness.” That despite being bipolar that I am fully a human being. 

Some events include my wild fraternity days in college, my hitchhiking across the United States, my night in jail and my experiences with mental illness of course. 

So besides an interesting and exciting story what does “More Than The Madness” give you? The book will give you insights into the life of the mentally ill. If you are a caregiver it would give you an intimate look into the illness. If you suffer from the ailment you will find some common chords struck that you can relate to, that you are not alone. And finally, if you are just curious it will provide answers.

Laced into my story is my coming to the Christian faith. It is a secondary story, while prominent, it does not dominate. As one reviewer stated, “It is not bait and switch.”  Still, my coming to a relationship with Jesus Christ is a very important aspect of my life. The book is far from preachy but an honest exploration of my faith. 

So please investigate “More Than The Madness” and buy yourself a copy. If you do so please put your name in the comments saying that you did. This will put you in the race for the great prizes that are forthcoming. If I can only sell one hundred books in one hundred days I will feel that I can make it as a writer. It is far from the end but it is a beginning.





No comments:

Post a Comment