Sunday, August 26, 2018

From A to Z 2012 'L'

From A to Z in 2012


Love is, of course, the sacred. Though this poem is attributed to 2012 it is in fact much, much older. I just typed this poem in 2012 from older notes. This poem was probably written in the 1990’s if not earlier.

I believe I wrote this poem in one of my stays in the psychiatric ward of Chilton Hospital. I would write poems for visitors. They would provide the topic and I would write the poem, thus the inclusion of Alexis as he was the person who requested the poem. Who exactly this Alexis was I don’t know.


It is poems like these full of hope that we need to celebrate. We must always reach for the ideal no matter how untouchable because in the effort comes the awakening to a better day. 

Love

By John Kaniecki

Love is not caring which colors you wear
Love is not saying I got good hair

Love is the grace beautiful as the setting sky
Love is the will to be righteous enough to try

Love is beyond the furthest reaches of space
Love is the smile upon a child’s pure face

Love is the ideal which we can make real
Love is not just an emotion that you feel

Love, look on the face of our Lord
Beaten and bloody but no mumbling word
Love held him not nails numbered three
Love is the Spirit which must always be free
Love is the Father sensitive enough to weep
Love is the promise which we all must keep

A neighbor came to me and asked me to explain why
Why is there disease, why do we fight in war and die
Why do children starve and babies are aborted
Why do hard working people get deported
Why do people curse God’s name and live
Why do people take and never give

I stared at Alexis my friend, he was in a hurry
His mind was clouded with endless worry
I kissed his cheek and shook his hand

That’s something we could all understand


Please check out, purchase and then read my poetry. 

Click Here


Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here

Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment