Thursday, July 15, 2021

Paid Poetry

I’m a poet. Thus, I am an artist. This is simple log like X+y+z=33/2.54 Now that’s complex!

 

I’m gong to offer poets everything I want in a poetry magazine and I’m going to ask everything I want for a poetry magazine.

 

Pay $10 to $100. I will publish one poem a month God willing. I will offer feedback. If your poem sucks, I will tell you so. Hopefully there will be something redeemable to mention. The sliding scale of pay will reflect the quality of the poem.

 

Now what do I want? As far as poetry well check out the blog and check out my poetry books. It is my desire that my art be spread to the whole world.

 

Details.

 

B. You must follow my blog.

C. The poem must be unpublished and your own work. If you plagiarize and I find out I will try to destroy your career and reputation. Yes, Facebook or other social media constitutes being published.

C1. One poem a month. Violate the rule and you're banned for life.

D. I love poetic techniques.

E. Try to rhyme.

F. If your free verse isn’t like Robert Hayden’s Middle Passage, think twice.

F. I will delete any email with an attachment, put the poem in the body of the email.

G. No cover letters. Nothing but the poem and your name.

H. Payment by PayPal

 

Submit here.

peacepoems@mail.com


Alpha -Footnote. I would only attempt to destroy your career over plagiarism. That is if you steal a poem and claim it as your own. 


7 comments:

  1. Interesting invite. I may have to take you up on this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do. I only got two submissions> The first one I thought had a lot of merit. I gave him two succinct lines of review and he loved it. The second one gave me a free verse poem. I pointed out he didn't look at what I asked for. The poem was terrible with redeeming aspect. Upon my review he cursed me out and said that I would never write a poem near as good as him. I deleted his emails.

      Delete
  2. Good idea...I shall take a pass too many constraints for me🙃 Destroy peoples reputation! Harsh indeed!! I am very busy with my poetry site Faces of Poetry. I have created a beautiful shining star in the vast darkness of FB. Best wishes for your creative endeavour❤✍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanx. I'd only destroy a person's career over plagiarism

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many people plagiarise...it is not right for sure...I still feel destroying someone for that is harsh! I have never thought about destroying anyone for anything...people usually destroy themselves😑

      Delete
    2. There is a line between borrowing a stealing. What I am talking about is outright theft. That is a poem taken verbatim or close to it. If this brings you or anyone else for that matter trepidation I am glad. While in poetry this probably doesn't matter I also write song lyrics. I knew a very talented man named Grant. His daughter Barbara, now both deceased kicked back. I would visit Grant when he was dying of brain cancer. He would tell me stories of how he would go around to the A&R people and present his music. They would jerk him around saying he needed to fix some small part of the song. He would spend the entire night up and try to fix the 'problem'. The record companies would then take his best lines and use them to make records. I don't know the complete story and maybe only Almighty God does. Grant didn't get any credit or money despite his genius. But to put it succinctly if my promise makes you in any way nervous you can gently go fuck yourself cause if you do steal other artists work you are a slimy piece of shit. The fact that you say things 'unknown' is quite revealing. I don't have a problem for standing up for the right thing. With most poetry places paying nothing for publication or asking for money to submit this is an excellent opportunity. But if you're a scumbag thief beware.

      Delete