Sunday, August 19, 2018

"I Was A Navajo" by John Kaniecki

Where are we going, as a people, as a planet, as individuals? It seems like we’re always in a rush to get someplace we don’t want to go to. To do something we don’t want to do.

How many major in futility? The banks, the investment companies, the insurance companies, produce nothing while taking the majority. The men with the most money have the bankrupt souls.


There is much to be said for the simple life in harmony with nature. In fact, civilization, as we live in, is both brutal and oppressive. But poets are allowed to live in the imagi-nation of Better days. 

I Was a Navajo

By John Kaniecki

I was a Navajo
A million years ago
I herded sheep
And got little sleep
I knew the name of each member of the starry host

I was a Navajo
And walked Mother Earth below
I knew secrets deep
Treasures to keep
Now I walk the scarred surface an anguished ghost

I weep I wail
My courage does fail
When I see greed and lust for power and control
An endless drive with an ambiguous goal
Never to achieve never to receive
Contrasting
The simple blessing to those who believe
In Love

In one night of my life there was more joy
Then in all the angry years of those who destroy

I was a Navajo
And you will never know
The beauty of the night
And what is right

Please investigate, purchase and then read my books of poetry.

Click Here


Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here

Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment