Wednesday, February 28, 2018

"November Fourth Ghost Town" by John Kaniecki


November Fourth Ghost Town

by John Kaniecki

I slept late
Worked too long
I could have went to vote
But there was a good show on television
The Honeymooners
What did it matter anyway?
It will turn out okay
Others will decide
And I'll be washed with the tide
But what a terrible shame
Nobody came
Not a single soul
Now whose got control?
It's between the Communists
And the Fascists
Preferably I like Red
Even though I could conform
And wear a sexy uniform
Either way
They say
Voting is a thing of the past
If you don't exercise your rights
They won't last
Trump won't get my vote
Hillary won't get my vote
I'll do a write in
Cause voting for evil is a sin
Yes indeed I'm mighty proud
To vote once more for Red Cloud
For anything you see
Is better than total apathy


Check out my book "A Day's Weather" Click here for information.


No comments:

Post a Comment