Saturday, February 24, 2018

"Sunset Sonnets" by John Kaniecki


Sunset Sonnet 1

Black petals shriveled akin to leper’s skin
I dare not touch what I onCe held in my hands
Death decays outside, life vibrant within
Love is for fools only folly understands
Seasons commit treasons to everyone
In Spring we joyfully sing youth’s sweet song
Never to realize death’s hold has begun
We mock the reaper confident and strong
My spectacle covered eyes behold you
You sleep foreshadowing eternal rest
Inept in all the world, nothing to do
I shall walk alone to complete my quest
Ah my sweet rose you shall never truly part
In unending youth you reside in my heart




And thus the journey begins. It is a sad journey into that domain that is called death. “When Love slips away, what does one say?” Sunset Sonnets is my answer to that question. It looks into the dark eyes of the grim specter and beyond. Sunset Sonnets is a spiritual and wholesome look at the passage into the ‘eternal’. It embraces the harsh pain but perceives the hope in something better.

“Life is at the heart of the poet, but what place does death hold?” If you are a lover of traditional poetry or need encouragement in your dark hour this book is for you.







No comments:

Post a Comment