Sunday, February 4, 2018

"The Song" by John Kaniecki

The Song

By John Kaniecki

Allow me to come and share
The love behind my prayer
What makes a mumbling word?
Into a song that must be heard
The guitar plays so sweet
As the drum keeps the beat
While the sum of the whole
Can only be measured in the soul

Try not to define me if you will
You can dance or you can stay still
Do whatever you do except destroy
Please friend don’t steal my joy

I am sailing on an endless sea
Singing a song into infinity
The clouds are floating above
Look deeply stranger and find love

Where are you when I need you the most?
You are a memory a hazy ghost
My lover and I we have something sweet
But I need you to make it complete

Jesus is the Word, the Spirit, the song
In this dismal world I don’t belong
But when I hear the prophets sing
I cannot define the joy of the King

So join us in our melody
Whatever shall be shall be
The song is an end and a start
Come with me and fulfill your part

The Lost Cantos Of John Kaniecki



No comments:

Post a Comment