Wednesday, February 7, 2018

"Hello My Friend" by Melissa Kelly - Contest Entry

Hello My Friend

by Melissa Kelly

Hello my friend

Follow me to the end

I see you looking at the crowd

You want to fit in, so join us now

I can show you where to go

Lead you to that life, we know

Perfect flowers, green the leaves

We'll give you the right book to read

We'll wash each sin, inside away

You'll join us here, right now today!

Programs we want you to view

They’re the ones we'll show to you

Soon you'll see through our looking glass

All your problems will fade as fast

Join us now, put that guitar away

You don't play it the right way

Your hair's too red, let's dye it brown

Don't you want to stick around

We will have you eat the right foods

Drink the right drinks

Change the way you really think

So follow our crowd and when you do

The only thing you'll lose is you



No comments:

Post a Comment