Thursday, February 22, 2018

"A Man Named Geronimo" by John Kaniecki


It is the duty and responsibility for a human being to be concerned about his bellow human being. As a Christian we must embrace all with Love. It is the fundamental and greatest command of God. Love walks hand in hand with Truth. If we want to improve the future we must honestly assess the past.

The story of Geronimo Pratt is yet another tale of misery in America’s sordid past. Geronimo was found guilty of murder while the government knew without doubt that he was innocent.  The powers in the United States allowed an innocent man to go to jail because of his political persuasions.

As an artist and a poet I feel it is a necessity to expose the lies that are perpetrated. If you have never heard of Geronimo Pratt I invite you to hear his story.


Democracy Now Talks To Geronimo Pratt


Here is a poem that tells the story of Geronimo Pratt.



A Man Named Geronimo

by John Kaniecki

I served my country
But it did not serve me
In battle I fought beyond the sea
But I was not free
These medals adorning my chest
Prove I passed the test
While those who convicted me on a lie
Sat idly by
Safe are those who profiteer
The same who condemn and sneer
Twenty seven years I have spent
A prisoner of the government
Until truths came out
And proved enough doubt
For a judge to proclaim
My conviction was a shame

I am a soldier, a warrior
A Panther
But above all what I am
Is a man
And from the grave hear my mighty cries
Defying their diabolical lies
For the evil of the present to last
They must deny the past

Do not let my story perish
In your bosom cherish
The truths you know
Of a man named Geronimo




I invite you to explore my book “Poet To The Poor, Poems Of Hope For The BottomOne Percent” for other riveting poetry.




No comments:

Post a Comment