Sunday, April 29, 2018

"On Exit Number 4" by Sergio Ortiz - Contest entry

On Exit Number 4 
By Sergio Ortiz

I have seen deflowered Ken dolls
between the impolite gloves
of guys in jock-strapped bathing suits.
And fervent regulars with shiny cigarette cases
more than willing to be treated like sluts.
I have seen the Maserati’s of the rich and famous
on exit number 4 to Ocean Park
buying mephedrone from a drug dealer
in skinny Wranglers.
I have also seen shinny rings
stuck to condoms full of
sildenafil citrate powder
caught on genuine snake boots.
What did you expect from art?
Dreams can’t answer that question,
they are just like the dead child
we carry inside. And I swear I've seen,
-because the lyrics are foreign to dreams-
on a body pumped with anabolic steroids,
a tattoo that says:
"No room left for emptiness."

No comments:

Post a Comment