Monday, September 28, 2026

Fool Am I

Fool Am I

 

The jester was short with a contorted face                            

He preached that salvation was by works not grace              

Jokerman had files from the palace to the slum                    

More than the queen was under his dirty green thumb          

 

Tell me what kind of fool am I

I make the good women lie

I make the bad women cry

Tell me what kind of fool am I

 

I was reading penthouse letters in the attic

There were some true confessions from a fanatic

It was there the jester first came into my mind

How secret lovers discovers life ain’t kind

 

Tell me what kind of fool am I

I make the good women lie

I make the bad women cry

Tell me what kind of fool am I

 

She was wearing nothing except her golden crown

The jester commanded baby let’s go downtown

A smile crossed her face on sweet lips ruby red

She cackled pretty soon were all gonna be dead

 

Tell me what kind of fool am I

I make the good women lie

I make the bad women cry

Tell me what kind of fool am I

 

Well the king had three wisemen who listened before they spoke

They knew the jester was something more than a running joke

We don’t recommend the nuclear option unless it’s an extreme

They said push the red button and we’ll see if life’s but a dream

 

Desperate the king challenged the fool to a duel

The jester wasn’t strong but he was plenty cruel

The queen couldn’t lose she had spread out all her bets

Swords flashed egos crashed blood spilled with no regrets

 

Tell me what kind of fool am I

I make the good women lie

I make the bad women cry

Tell me what kind of fool am I 


GREAT BOOK OF SONG LYRICS



The Big Book Of Song Lyrics, Check It Out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment