Tuesday, October 6, 2026

I Was a Navajo

 I Was a Navajo


I was a Navajo

A million years ago

I herded sheep

And got little sleep

I knew the name of each member of the starry host

 

I was a Navajo

And walked Mother Earth below

I knew secrets deep

Treasures to keep

Now I walk the scarred surface an anguished ghost

 

I weep I wail

My courage does fail

When I see greed and lust for power and control

An endless drive with an ambiguous goal

Never to achieve never to receive

Contrasting

The simple blessing to those who believe

In Love

 

In one night of my life there was more joy

Then in all the angry years of those who destroy

 

 

I was a Navajo

And you will never know

The beauty of the night

And what is right

POLISHED FRAGMENTS

Poet To The Poor


No comments:

Post a Comment