Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Under The Wire

 Under The Wire

 

On La Rue Avenue the traffic light is stuck on red                            

All the working girls trade their entire worlds just to be fed             

Big Tiny’s cruising losing time in his pink Cadillac              

Listen to what I say one day the sun will set and never come back  

 

She cries out I got love some love for hire

Give me my desire under the wire

I got a fire and I wanna take it higher

Lust is a lousy liar under the wire

 

Down on Wall Street the bankers compete for just one more buck

If you’re poor and don’t want to fight this war you’re out of luck

The U.S.S. Liberty tells me everything I need to know

We can fornicate at eight get dinner then catch an early show

 

She cries out I got love some love for hire

Give me my desire under the wire

I got a fire and I wanna take it higher

Lust is a lousy liar under the wire

 

Mother Teresa chit chats about the poor devouring lobster and steak

Writing lyrics on pages of dreams looking for my big break

In Utopia Todd is called God and he still don’t wanna work

My the unknown has grown fear ferments in the shadows where they lurk

 

She cries out I got love some love for hire

Give me my desire under the wire

I got a fire and I wanna take it higher

Lust is a lousy liar under the wire

 

A gaggle of drunks stumbling along mumbling a song that they used to know

I knew Michelle very well it was hell watching her perform on the go

Meanwhile without a smile the poets create free verse not worthy of time

I’ve gone half way around the world in Timbuktu I found a happy rhyme

 

Home’s where I want to be I read that in San Francisco Bay

He was the man of her dreams but unfortunately gay

Love is a mysterious force the source of everything good

I would bring peace and joy to our planet Earth if I only could

 

She cries out I got love some love for hire

Give me my desire under the wire

I got a fire and I wanna take it higher

Lust is a lousy liar under the wire


GREAT BOOK OF SONG LYRICS



The Big Book Of Song Lyrics, Check It Out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment