Saturday, September 15, 2018

Let It Not Be In Vain (In Memory Of Brother Botham Jean)


Botham Jean was a member of the Church Of Christ as am I. From all accounts he was a faithful member and a wonderful person full of love. His death is beyond sorrow it is a tragedy. Botham Jean was gunned down in his own home. He did no crime or nothing wrong at all. The question is will the murderer go to jail? She is a police officer. But you can help forge the future by your own actions. Let your voice be heard. The death of Botham Jean, let it not be in vain. 

Let It Not Be In Vain (In Memory Of Brother Botham Jean)

By John Kaniecki

With saddest sorrow
I must say
That the news became real today
The statistic on the chart
Was a piece of my heart
My brother Botham Jean

I had done no wrong
Committed no crime
I was in my own home
Passing time
When I was gunned down
To their shame
They slander my name
Trying to cast the blame
That I should take the fall
I who did no wrong at all

Jesus says ‘vengeance is mine’
I believe in the divine
But this is a world of laws
And justice is my cause
Shall the system fail?
Or will righteousness prevail?
There is nothing more that I can do
My fate is up to you
For if my murderer goes free
The killer who was at fault
The killings they will not halt
Do more than feel your pain
My death, my life
Let it not be in vain

“Whatever ye have done to the least of them”
“So have ye done unto me”
For all around planet Earth
To each child given birth
They deserve compassion and love
That is pleasing to God above
Endless war, colonial oppression
Listen to the mighty lesson
There is no neutral ground
Where are you found?
Are you a friend to the poor?
Or a wicked man lusting for more?
This genocide by the police
This constant lynching it must cease

To be gunned down in your own home it is insane
Let it not be in vain
May my death be a spark
To ignite a flame in this world so dark
And to Almighty God we shall turn
And the lessons of Love learn
No matter rich or poor
Black, yellow, red or white
We are equal in God’s sight
Even to those who wear the blue
The law applies to you
From the grave I cannot personally explain
My death it is full of sorrow
I have not one more tomorrow
Let it not be in vain


For similar poetry please check out "Poet To The Poor, Poems Of Hope For The Bottom One Percent"

No comments:

Post a Comment