Friday, September 7, 2018

From A to Z 2012 'U' Again

From A to Z in 2012


Used to be a union would take care of the worker. Now it doesn’t seem like that. I wish the IWW would be successful and create one great union where all workers belonged. Allow me to dream and to write my poems. So I double up on the letter 'U' in "Union Pretend." 



Union Pretend

By John Kaniecki

The CEO said to Union Pretend
How’s it going my good old friend?
Mighty fine, mighty fine
How are the workers my sweet dear?
Keeping em in line, keeping em in line
Create an atmosphere of constant fear
The CEO grumbled “They get too much pay”
Ain’t there a scheme to take it away?
Hmmm said Union Pretend let me think
I’ll consult the sell outs and my fink
I believe we could create another war
It’s an old trick but it worked well before
We’ll scream patriotism and have the flag wave
Tell em we all gotta sacrifice and be brave
Then of course the profits will soar
We’ll pay them less and work em more

In his heart the CEO hated Union Pretend
In fact he wanted all thoughts of Unions to end
But for now he needed to put on a show
A few more years maybe it wouldn’t be so
So Big Bucks poured the expensive French wine
A toast was made to the ruling elite
Things are going just mighty fine

The drink was poison but tasted oh so sweet

Please investigate, purchase, read and enjoy my books1



Click Here


Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here

Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment