Sunday, September 2, 2018

From A to Z 2012 'R'

From A to Z in 2012

Life is something that marches on whether we want it to or not. Also, things do come to an end. I no longer see Ruth and her family as the congregation has split. I’d imagine that the little girl has grown quite tall.

This poem is a poem of innocence and its inevitable end. Youth is always corrupted. Those who strive to maintain the righteous ideals suffer great persecution. Just turning on the television makes you want to sing the blues.


One day Ruth or Ruthie as I called her will arrive. I wonder if she will remember the events described in this poem. How the tiny child was struggling to sweep the floor with a broom twice her size. I guess one day Ruth will have children herself and perhaps this poem will cross her mind. 

Ruth

                                                                               By John Kaniecki

Ruthie, but properly Ruth
   I Love her that is the truth
       Captivated by her innocent charm of youth
    Broom twice her size
          Wide open wonder in her eyes
     Sweeping, sweeping dust on the floor
  Precious and pure
  Sweeping, sweep some more
 Sweep until we find a cure
 For hatred, evil and war
 May those three be no more
 Love, Love is the only cure
 Of that I’m sure
Ruthie may you never grow old
      To witness the terror I behold
   To believe the lies I was told
              Ruthie may you never grow old
       Keep sweeping, sweep the floor
   Sweeping, sweep some more

Forever precious, forever pure

Click Here


Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here

Click Here

1 comment:

  1. This is a good poem. When I finish the important obligatory writing, I will again write some poetry.

    ReplyDelete