Thursday, September 6, 2018

From A to Z 2012 'U'

From A to Z in 2012

What exactly motivated me to write these words I don’t know. But hey, the poem has some good lines in it. As a revolutionary I am all for changing the system, To get away from the wealth of the few to the sharing of the masses. In order to do so, we must all work together. Truly we must become one. Unfortunately, there are some who sell out their souls for the dollar. 


Uneducated Blues

By John Kaniecki

Don’t tell me I don’t know the blues
I’m midnight heaven full of stars
Don’t say to me I don’t know the blues
I was the first of Lead Belly’s guitars
The one he played day and night
Trying to make a magic sound just right
I know the blues it ain’t no lie
See the skies, see the oceans in my eyes
I am a prophet of your institution
A Thorazine cocktail was your solution
And you are an indoctrinated negro
Graduating from Harvard or Yale
Look in the mirror it’ll tell you so
Wishing you black hide was pale
 Don’t talk to me about good hair
An afro is beautiful if I may dare
Revolution to you ended in seventeen seventy-six
And you own kind makes you sick
You’re glad when the policeman drives by
And martinis is your way of getting high
You never go to the hood by choice
And when conservatives win you rejoice
Your favorite poet ain’t Langston Hughes

And you wanna tell me about the blues?

Please check out my books of poetry, buy them and then read them. 

Click Here


Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here

Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment