Monday, September 3, 2018

From A to Z 2012 'S'

From A to Z in 2012

We are marching steadfastly on our journey through the year 2012. Though it was six years ago it seems like an eternity that I wrote these poems. It was, I must say, a very good year for writing. This poem is humorous. Like some of the others, despite the merit I gave it, I could not get this published. Time, of course, will be the ultimate judge. I will either fade into obscurity or perhaps be recognized as a genius or fall somewhere in the large crack in between.


I no longer write with the same gusto that I used to. Failure to sell my books discourages me. I interpret lack of sales into lack of talent. I think perhaps that I am failing in marketing but not in the writing. I hope you enjoy this poem it is one of my favorites. 

Sir Lancelot and the Pigeons

By John Kaniecki

Harsh winter winds blew
Sun shined bright but it wasn’t warm
A flock of pigeons flew
Headlines screamed “We all must conform”

Sitting on the park bench
Sir Lancelot was sharpening his sword
He was complaining about his wench
She was dating the Jester so he heard

I ignored the Knight the breeze blew colder
On the high voltage wire the pigeons sat
The nosey Paladin looked over my shoulder
When he exclaimed in excitement look at that

A boney finger pointed to a photograph
“That’s my true love!” his voice broke high
When I read the caption I had to laugh
It read “Lonely hearted woman seeking any guy”

Sir Lancelot slammed the visor on his helmet down
I looked at the pigeons pretending to be alone
“I’ll take care of this” he said headed down town
Some men are really just boys who have grown

The pigeons in unison flew up into the air
There was so much of the paper left to be read
Lancelot growled determined to settle the affair

The pigeons they shitted all over the Knight’s head

Please check out my poems, buy my books and read them!

Click Here


Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here

Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment