Thursday, August 6, 2026

One More Trip Around The Sun

 One More Trip Around The Sun

 

One more trip around the sun!

Was it fun?

Kind of

But I’ve found it most profound

We need a lot more love


I just wish

We could accomplish

More than senseless killing

I mean ain’t mankind willing

To live in peace

Why the fright of the fight?

Why this hellish blight?

What is the lesson of oppression?

To make imaginary wealth increase

Put in simple and plain

This world is insane

 

One more trip around to sun?

Enough is enough

I would get off

Take a rocket ship for two

Beyond the blue

And kickback with the stars

 

So let it be said

Instead of compromise

Instead of accepting lies

I insist

I will resist

Victory is for the one who tries

 

One more trip around the sun!

There’s a victory to be won

And I won’t rest

Until it’s done

POLISHED FRAGMENTS

Poet To The Poor


No comments:

Post a Comment