Wednesday, August 26, 2026

A Final Prayer at my Lynching

A Final Prayer at my Lynching

 

My only crime the color of my skin

Look inside and see your sin

The gallows rope cuts my throat

Coarse fibers bite

I have strength scarce to fight

But please make note

God takes no pleasure in your wicked deeds

And evil never succeeds

One day your cities shall burn

One day the red man will return

And then you’ll learn

The wages of sin is death

The noose tightens cutting off all air

 I am victorious I have not one more care

Pay heed to the words of my last breath

For though my life is through

My words ring true

And as I sway in the air

Allmighty God hears my prayer

God is a God of mercy yes it is true

But God is a God of justice too

Hear the words of my final prayer

And beware 


POLISHED FRAGMENTS

Poet To The Poor


No comments:

Post a Comment