Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Canto 10

 Canto 10

 

 

From the window I saw an eagle fly

Soaring in the heaven’s azure blue sky

Said my friend with pipe in his withered hand

The universe’s mysteries I do understand

My gaze lowered to view his wrinkled face

If I wasn’t high I would leave this place

But the Earth pipe he passed to me

And I inhaled then I did disagree

To admit omnipotence is a fatal sin

Humility is the place to begin

For knowledge alone solves no mystery at all

True understanding is answering God’s call

Then the wind whipped and sang a moan

And I understood, yes I alone

I looked upon the fool with great pity

How futile is the chase to infinity

Counting one by one is how they go

Me I simply divide by zero

It’s nothing special and nothing at all

True understanding is answering God’s call

The wine in my glass was once full to me

But long ago I have made the vessel empty

My friend was stoned and stoned I should be

For to some being high is heresy


Click Here

 

No comments:

Post a Comment