Monday, June 4, 2018

"Uncle Sam's Racket" poem by John Kaniecki

Uncle Sam’s Racket

By John Kaniecki

There’s a mafia boss running a scam
Ruthless and cruel he don’t give a damn
You know the criminal as Uncle Sam
His gangster colors are red, white and blue
And his sweetest line is “I want you”
“I want you to kill in war”
“I want you to sacrifice more”
“I want you filled with hate”
“I want you as slave of the state”
“I want you to stay in line”
”I want you to be all mine”
“I want you to pay, pay, pay”
“I want you to do just as I say”
“I want you to believe my lie”
“Above all I want you to never ask me why”
‘Sam, what about the Bill of Rights?’ I inquire
Those are the American Ideals I desire
Sam growled his face aflame with fury
“It’s only a piece of paper, don’t worry”
‘Sam,’ I said ‘millions fought and died for our constitution’
‘We Love the dream but hate your institution’
Sam was extremely mad, he don’t like citizens to talk back
But friends and enemies a facts a fact
I am loyal to our country’s highest call
You arrogant aristocrats soon you will fall
I’ve witnessed you slide green into the government’s pocket
I know all about Uncle Sam’s Racket



No comments:

Post a Comment