Saturday, June 2, 2018

Wrapping Up The Contest

Well, The Great $100 Poetry Contest is winding its way down to a dull fizzle. First of all, I would like to thank everybody who entered. Without your participation, the contest would have failed miserably. As it was we had sixty-two entrants. Not everybody followed the rules by subscribing to the blog but I have no way of checking who did. 

The winner Fred McIlmoyle has been paid via Pay Pal and I have asked him to post an acknowledgment of that. He lives in England so the money was converted to pounds. 

Congratulations go out to Bill Cushing for his poem "Two Stairways." His poem was the one that received the most hits. For a prize, I have offered him hard copies of a couple of my poetry books or audio recordings. This depends on where he lives as well.

I am contemplating doing another contest with an entry fee and larger cash prize. I think it would be best to find a judge other than myself for such a contest. I have several people in mind already. The fee would most likely be only a couple of dollars per poem.

Finally, I think that I am going to be conducting a poetry school. The long-range goal of such an effort would be to create a book teaching others how to write poetry. It would take a lot of work on my part but I think it would be very profitable to my writing. I already have lots of thoughts and ideas. There would be no charge for the poetry school but we would be posting the poems with criticisms and suggestions online. If anybody has an interest shoot me a note at peacepoems@mail.com 

While you're here check out my books by clicking below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment