Saturday, January 6, 2018

"Autism" by John Kaniecki

Autism

by John Kaniecki

Can I let you in?
(I never knew you were out)
Autism
A schism
Could you understand?---- perhaps
In compassion
Lend a hand

I see the world in twirling waves
Words butterfly by
Concepts crash in crescendos
Running only to stand still
Climbing always climbing the hill
I guess I eternally will

There I am
An object on a shelf
Here I am
Caught up in my self
Please
Don't disregard
Life is sometimes hard
But God created me
Unique
And wonderfully

Take the time
To cross the line
My humanity
Begs dignity
Autism
Count it not as a shame
No guilt, nor party to blame
I too am a child of the Earth
I too have my worth
Come comprehend
Be my friend 


I am no stranger to mental illness suffering from bipolar. I have chronicled my struggles in my book of memoirs “More Than The Madness”. It is a book of hope and a book that fights the stigma of mental illness. Above all is the message that despite what ails me that I too am a human being, that there is “More Than The Madness”.



No comments:

Post a Comment