Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Rock And Roll Revolution

Rock And Roll Revolution

I was born and raised on ‘rock and roll’. Personally it took a long time for me to understand exactly what there was to the music that so much appealed to me. You see I was fully indoctrinated in the “American Pie” dream. I accepted everything rammed down my throat as ‘gospel’. I would have gladly killed and died for my country.

Ironically though I don’t believe in the political process one bit I am very active in it. I vote in every election, I write politicians, I get petitions signed, I attend peaceful protests, I volunteer with a political organization and I even visit representatives of elected officials. Still I don’t think this really changes the world in any grand matter.

I firmly believe that the only way to ‘change the world for the better’ is by personal interaction, one soul at a time. That is the only worthwhile and lasting change is one that is spiritual in nature. There is no higher calling than to share ‘The Love Of God’ as expressed by Jesus Christ.

But my roots go deep into ‘Rock And Roll’. I can recall Neil Young singing about Love and being alienated. His backup band ‘Crazy Horse’ was taken from the great ‘Sioux’ warrior. Neil also introduced me to the genocide of the indigenous peoples though I could not comprehend it at the time. After all it was my belief that my country, the United States, was infallible.

Pink Floyd challenged my mind. It planted seeds of rebellion and challenged all authority, whether it was the government or the teacher. I now see blind allegiance to anything is a dangerous thing. We must teach others to question 'Why?' 

Of course Bob Dylan made me think. Not only were there his protest songs but his poetic excellence challenged my senses. Perhaps most poignant of his songs were ‘Masters of War’ and ‘Maggie’s Farm’. Masters of War revealed the whole military industrial complex for the evil that it is. ‘Maggie’s Farm’ had its name changed to ‘Lisa’s Farm’’ for my friend Maria. Maria baby sat for Lisa and got paid a pittance.

Now I have developed into an artist myself. My art is through words both prose and poetry. I have embraced the moral aspect in my writing. Sometimes it is a byproduct and sometimes it is the purpose.

I always imagined creating the F.I.R.E.W.I.N.D. band. The name is an acronym of which I only know. I was going to give a huge prize to anyone who can tell me what it stands for. So if you can figure it out put the answer in the comments and you’ll win audio recordings for two of my books.

Firewind Anthem

This is the ballad of the Firewind band
We’re revolting against central command
This is the ballad of the Firewind band
We are the musicians rocking the land
Everybody come lend us your hand
It’s about time to make our final stand
We rebel against the powers that be
Against a government too blind to see

Come laughter or sorrow
We are force tomorrow
We’re going to rock your soul
If you still got a soul

This is our anthem the Firewind song
We resolve that hatred and killing is wrong
This is our anthem the Firewind song
If you stand for peace and Love you belong
We’re going to be marching in the street
We’re gonna give the powers that be some heat
Lay down your weapons and join with us
Pick up your cross as we follow Jesus

Come laughter or sorrow
We are force tomorrow
We’re going to rock your soul
If you still got a soul

This is our glorious Firewind tune
The final fight for freedom’s coming soon
This is our glorious Firewind tune
It’s close to Armageddon near high noon
The people in charge says nothing is wrong
But I say the horror has gone on too long
Lay down your weapons lay them down tonight
Peace and Love are the tools with which we fight

Come laughter or sorrow
We are force tomorrow
We’re going to rock your soul
If you still got a soul


My Rock and Roll Revolution permeates my writings. I invite you to explore “I Should Have Been A Rock Star”. It is a witty tale which explores both the darker and lighter sides of life.




"What happens when Don ‘Hypo’ Colandri mysteriously disappears from Edward’s University on his way to a Statics exam? Why his three roommates lie outright claiming he was kidnapped by a Satanic cult, all to get money and score with chicks. Don, however, has been mysteriously transported into outer space where he becomes a pawn of one Nellie Watt against the Time Lords in a cosmic game being run by God. Unfortunately for Myron, Slick and Psycho, (Don’s three former roommates) they have dived into a realm where fools tread. Hilda Thethia, a practicing Satanist, learns of the ruse and quickly begins to blackmail the trio. Sadly Myron, Slick and Psycho realize that the followers of Satan are more wide spread than they could have ever imagined and none are too happy at having the name of their Dark Lord besmirched. Meanwhile poor Don is learning the ropes of outer space in a very hard way. Every mystery he solves only brings more questions. Will Nellie Watt succeed in her contest against the Time Lords and go to the Twinkling of Twilights to press the Reset Button? Will Myron, Slick and Psycho manage to escape from the miserable maze they created? And most important of all, Why didn’t YOU become a rock star?


No comments:

Post a Comment