Friday, December 15, 2017

Poetry Inspired By Frank Peoples

Frank Peoples was a friend of mine.

Sadly he committed suicide. He suffered from mental illness and he was off of his medicine. He threw himself in front of a subway in New York City. He was buried in a potter’s field and we never had a ceremony celebrating his life.

Frank was a vibrant person full of life, friendly and outgoing. He would enthusiastically lead the congregation in songs.

Year ago I was trying to create a poetry magazine called “Stop And Listen”. It never came to fruition. But at that time Frank sent me the following. I had forgotten about it until now.


Blue Bird

By Frank Peoples age 10

A streak of blue
I saw it fly
As blue as any
Summer sky

As blue as
Any violet
How clearly I
Can see it yet

Nor am I likely
To forget
The streak of blue go wingin’ by
Like some small kinfolk of the sky


I wrote a piece of poetry in remembrance of Frank.

In Memory Of Frank Peoples

By John Kaniecki

You’re home among the stars
Christ’s blood washed away your sin
Now God can begin
To heal your scars
You were a troubled soul
Who dared to dream
Beautiful, wonderful
Always had some scheme
Triking all about
Trying to figure life out
We shared a similar cross
And your death
Is humanity’s loss
You loved to sing songs of praise
Even in your hazy fuzzy craze
Now you have endless days
To walk in the Spirit’s ways
Perhaps in the universe to soar
For ever more
A captain of your own starship
Giving the Klingons the slip
Live long and prosper
What more can I offer?
Life truly has no end
And you Frank Peoples
Will always be my friend



Frank Peoples was an extraordinary ordinary man. In my book “Poet To The Poor, Poems Of Hope For The Bottom One Percent” I celebrate the common man. Through poems of unsung heroes or through obscure people that I know it is a book not to be missed.




No comments:

Post a Comment