Thursday, December 14, 2017

Poetry And Short Story Submissions

I am currently looking to expand and energize my website “Turn A Page Or Two”. As such I am opening it up for submissions of poetry, short stories, essays, and even book excerpts, anything that you want to send me.

I am not offering any pay but I am more than willing to promote your books, or even services. Note that I am willing to post reprints as long as you own the rights.

As far as my standards in poetry I hold to a more traditional view. I really don’t like ‘free verse’ for the most part. But if you think that it is a good poem send it any way. I certainly appreciate rhyming and other poetic techniques, if they are done well.

Please send all poems and submissions to peacepoems@mail.com  Please format as following “Submission, Name, Title”.  As far as the format do not send any attachments as they won’t be opened. Rather include the writing in the body of the email. Please do not send a biography. Upon acceptance I will reply to you and get further information, including anything you desire to add or promote.

I am hoping to put up something new every day so multiple submissions are encouraged.

I am looking forward from hearing from you.


Finally if you want criticism in case of rejection please express that to me. But generally I feel a poem to be effective must communicate something. That is a poem must tantalize the ear, express some point, or make me feel something. My biggest dislike with ‘modern’ poetry is that I find it to be a bunch of unrelated words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment