Monday, March 26, 2018

"Owl" and "The Summer I was Eight" by Luisa Ramos - Contest Entry

Owl

She comes out at night
With a magnificent light
The mystery behind those yellow curious eyes
Makes me believe she keeps all the secrets of the world
Mystery I craved into my skin
She is dark, she is bright
She is my spirit animal, the inspiration when I write

Oh my beautiful friend,
You can also see the mystery in my dark eyes
I fly and fade away in the sky
I am the owl of the night
-Luisa Ramos


The Summer I was Eight

In a strange city I look out of the window
I see people everywhere yet I am so lonely
I want the peace the ocean brings
I want to live by the sea

It was love at first sight
The sun shining so bright
A soft sand below my feet
The summer I had turned eight will never be forgotten
I can still smell the beach, feel the sand below my feet
I can still feel the cold breeze, and the purplish sunsets bring me peace


by  Luisa Ramos

No comments:

Post a Comment