Monday, March 12, 2018

Writing For A Living


Writing for a living 

The drummer is beating his drum to a march that is better described as a boogie. I am calling all artists, all workers, all revolutionaries, all dreamers, and especially all writers to a grand event on Facebook and beyond called “Writing For A Living”. If you have something to say, here is a forum to say it.

“Writing  For A Living” formed spontaneously last night. I was informed by Kristi Morgan, the publisher and owner of Dreaming Big Publications that her radiation treatment for her cancer will be ending in beginning of April. That is indeed cause to celebrate. So with that in mind we agreed to have an event.

I picked May 1 as it would stand out in my mind and not be forgotten. The ten seconds later I realized I had picked May Day, the day of the worker. As such I decided to make the day more inclusive, to go beyond the original intent and reach out to all my fellow workers out there.

Not only has the ball started rolling but we’ve shot it through the basket for a couple of scores. Two authors have posted their books on the page. I want you to go look at them and please comment to encourage them. We as working class people need to support one another.

I am a firm believer in synergy. That is I welcome suggestions and ideas and feel comfortable sharing my event with anyone who has good intent. Let’s make this a collective event. Let’s try to make this as something we can all be glad that it happened. Whatever that forms to be it’s up to us.

There will be giveaways during the event and perhaps before. Also I will be announcing the winner of “The Great $100 Poetry Prize.”

There will be more exciting details to follow, so please join up with us.




No comments:

Post a Comment