Saturday, October 22, 2022

Adriana Rocha Poetry

 Adriana Rocha was born in Bolivia. She is a psychologist. Poetry, photography and educational psychology are her passions. Her journey into the world of words has started in 2019. She has been participating in different literary events in Latin America, Spain, India, Canada, Nigeria, Australia and the United States of America.


Forgive me

 

Forgive me 

if I was absent,

forgive me

if I was silent,

forgive me 

if I was violent,

I was trying

to heal on my own,

I was trying to

to cool my mind,

I was trying to live,

I chose a complicated 

journey 

at this point

everything hurts,

even my soul,

but I all ever 

wanted was to rest.

 

...

 

Fall leaf

 

Like this

beautiful fall leaf,

I choose to be transformed 

and I accept to be 

taken by the wind

of fate.

 

 

...

 

 

What are we?

  

We are rational, 

We are emotional,

We are builders,

We are genius,

We are destroyers,

We want it all,

We struggle,

We suffer, 

We are victims of desire,

But each day

We act and feel less human

Because we are told

To not get emotional,

To not cry,

To not love,

To chase fortune,

To chase fame,

To have more,

To look in a certain way,

To behave in a certain way,

And what is left?

Someone

Who looks like

A human

But is not one.

No comments:

Post a Comment