Thursday, September 24, 2020

Poetry Audition

 

From “Seven Rings Of Saturn.” This is poetry with an edge. A pit bull with razor-sharp teeth and bark to match. 



Poetry Audition

 

Present to me your worse works

Your three-legged dogs

Chained to a rusted Subaru

In an otherwise vacant junkyard

Make sure it is a rainy day

Full of golf ball-sized hail

Smashing car windshields

With as little care as

A prostitute saying yes

Give me images trite

Like electric rainbows

Or sunbeams from heaven

Boy meets girl, girl meets boy

Girl is strict neo-con feminist

Boy is homosexual flaming flamingo pink

Married to make parents happy

Lived happily ever after

With fourteen children

Who says you can't change?

 

Why wouldn't I present my worst work?

My tear-stained Big Mac wrappers

With scribble jotted by a straw

Using ketchup as ink

Best poem I ever wrote

Until my dog licked it up

 

Please don't rhyme that takes talent

Sonnets have been slain

The Knight of Free Verse

Bashed it's skull with his mace

So hard that the head was decapitated

It rolled down blueberry hill

To the witches' coven

As the head bounced

Plopping into the stew of evil brew

 

Aunt Agnes dressed in black

Softly remarks

"Last time I'll ever drink this stuff"

As you guessed

A dog howls at the moon




                                                            Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment