Thursday, October 10, 2019

Dreaming Through Babylon By John Kaniecki


Dreaming Through Babylon

By John Kaniecki

I awoke from a vision
Of tranquil peace
The water was blue enough to drink
And my mind could think
Gone were the angry screams
Interrupting my dreams
I saw man coming to understand
That we all share our land
Money was an abstract lie
Not the reason why
I looked up to the heavens above
The skies were dirty and dingy
Gone was the love
The bane of the stingy
Was the noxious smell
Of this living hell
But I did not forsake the hope
I learned to cope
That I could not cure all the ill
But I had my own free will
And I would live with joy and grace
And I would live with a smile on my face
And I would do all I could
To make this world a better place
I will be dreaming through Babylon
Until it is gone





Enter the poetic world of John Kaniecki.....


No comments:

Post a Comment