Thursday, February 11, 2021

COVID AND ME

 

COVID AND ME

 

By John Kaniecki

 

I tested positive

But they weren’t positive I was positive

I could still be negative

Which is a positive way to look at something negative

Let’s just state it plainly now

Two negatives do not make a positive

Just like two holes don’t make a hill of dirt

We use a backhoe and a dump truck

Otherwise, I could be wrong

I don’t want to be negative

But then again, I do

I try to be positive

And then again, I don’t

This poem doesn’t rhyme

So, I feel like a hypocritical fool

But there’s always an exception to the rule

Of that I am positive

Middle Passage was brilliant

I gazed upon eternity

And found myself lacking and small

I asked God who is greater than all

He said “Don’t sweat the small details”

“It’s enough to be my child”

Easy for Him to say

I’m positive He’s not positive

Life goes on

A grain of sand won’t block the mighty Mississippi

The world will go on without me

Time takes its toll

The body perishes but not the soul

I’m not trying to be negative

Just honest



enter the poetic world of John Kaniecki 

Click Here


Click Here


Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here


Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment