Thursday, December 28, 2017

"A Day @ The Poet's Cafe" by John Kaniecki

A Day @ The Poet's Cafe

by John Kaniecki 

"WHAT DO YOU WANT!!??!!"
Rosie is far from nosy
Serving as waitress at the restaurant
Chewing Bazooka bubble gum with a smile
Her raw radiance
Tightly fitting finely filled uniform
Compensates for her lack of style
Her glossy red cheeks speak abundantly
Strawberry Blossom -  exactly
My eyes tip toe over the menu
"I'm not sure"
"I've never been here before"
"Perhaps an extended metaphor?"
Rosie smiles savage and cunning
Sultry, sexually stunning
"Take it from me"
"Try a simile"
"The taste is nice"
"At an excellent price"
Confounded by a vague reference
Like a ship lost upon the sea
"Oh my" I cry suddenly
It's the worst thing to say
At the Poet's Cafe
A corny cliché
So dead the corpse is but dust
Embarrassed like cuddling lovers discovered in lust
I surrender sorrowfully

"Just coffee for me"



No comments:

Post a Comment