Sunday, January 15, 2023

The Institute

 The Institute

 

I was lost, lost as could be

A ship docked in the desert longing for the sea

I had not learned yet

The meaning getting wet


There were no shortages of guides

Self proclaimed godless gurus

Mindless messiahs of mania

Doctors sporting their grand degree

Arrogant asses of authority

 

I came wishing to forget my shame

Forsaking ‘Myron’ that awful name

What I sought I was unsure

All I knew was that I needed more
Something or someone I had not before

 

Enticed by the vice of paradise

Our innocence offered as sacrifice

Strangers the unknown did abound

No clue to what would be found
Or to where we were bound

But by nature of our tuition fee

We gave a salute

To the institute

And bowed our knee

 

These words are written in hindsight

Alas none can change the past

Not even if one had infinite might

We were the blind leading blind

Not knowing what we would find

But our task masters wicked and cruel

Knew we were naïve

Hope filled our sails

As they forecasted storms and gales

We were told to hang on

And simply believe

We sailed boldly trying to prove our worth

Headed for the edge of the Earth


Take a tour into the world of mental illness and see a human being. Please check out my book “More ThanThe Madness.”

No comments:

Post a Comment