Monday, January 2, 2023

Memory Lane

Memory Lane

 

Sometimes yesterday is a moment away. It is so clear certain exact episodes seem to be occurring in the present. The mundane majority however has slipped away into the ether abyss known as forgetting. All what we have done has created what we are now. Today we face the arduous task of shaping the formless entity of yesterday to forge a better future. Repeated mistakes sting more than the solitary foolish kind. I’ll never fall for that one again. Yet like ideal idiots we take another drink, smoke another cigarette, date another abuser or follow some manipulative user. As my wife battles her depression I recall my war with that disease; spending days on end not able to even rise from bed. I wish I could take a portion of my victory and feed it to her thus dismissing her lonesome woe. Contemplating the philosophy of memory it consists of the entirety of our entity. In the time stream there is past, present and future. The worst aspect is clearly the subtle negatives learned by poor example we repeat. How often have my father’s cruel words come out of my mouth inflicting pain upon my beloved wife? Are they even his words or was he too an unwilling parrot? At least I can recognize what has happened and hope with work I can improve; always hoping for a better tomorrow. 

INFORMATION ON THIS EXCITING BOOK!!!!!!!!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment