Tuesday, January 10, 2023

In The Quiet Room

 In The Quiet Room

 

by John Kaniecki

 

MADNESS, Madness, madness

An endless mantra

My sacred curse

This vitriol verse

My mind meanders in murky doom

As I sit

As I wait

IN THE QUIET ROOM!!

The large wooden door

Massively secure

Is full of scratches and dents

From previous occupants

I begin to thrust my weight

Against the study gate

Time after time after time

My keepers in angry breath

Threaten me with death

If I don't cease my crime

It is not their harsh laws

Bat rather

The futility of the cause

That makes me repent

 

There is a window

Blazing glorious light

I see the marvelous glow

But nothing is right

I am an inmate

Of  Greystone

Which is infamously known

A ferocious reputation

Of dark damnation

Is its own

In my manic delusion

My eyes inherit illusion

I gaze

Not upon the sun in the sky

But rather I see

God in all his glory

I do not lie

 

I curse the Almighty's name

Though my faith devout

Still I shout

And blasphemies I proclaim

Such is the depths of my pain

Such is the insanity in my brain

But my eyes burn

And a lesson I learn

God you may defy

But never look Him in the eye

Don't even try

 

Moments

Melt to minutes

My mind dissipates

As voices in my head

Vocally debates

I calmly observe

Listening to all that is said

Suddenly

They open the door

I am pacified

Gone is the war

In my surrender

I can scarcely remember

What I was fighting for

 

From Dorm Sixty Two

These words are true

Judge not pilgrim

Don't condemn my sin

It could happen to you

Madness may consume

And you my find

Life unkind

In the quiet room

Take a tour into the world of mental illness and see a human being. Please check out my book “More ThanThe Madness.”

No comments:

Post a Comment