Saturday, January 21, 2023

A Martian Stole My Blueberry Pie

A Martian Stole My Blueberry Pie

 

By John Kaniecki

 

I set out coveting Venus

But just between us

I had the concern

Of getting a red burn

From the sun’s glare

So great was the scare

That I turned tail toward Saturn

Oh the lesson I would learn

We were in the asteroid belt

When my legs felt

As if they were going to melt

So there in the midnight high

I baked a blueberry pie

It was sweet and complete

And looked great to eat

Well I had a skeleton crew

Numbering few

I did not have a second thought

And in my folly I was caught

For come passing Jupiter’s moon

I checked upon my pie

And sure as the sky

Somebody did consume far too soon

My delicious desert

And boy did it hurt

I examined the large man from Titan

He looked guilty as sin

But it didn’t make sense

And I could produce no evidence

Then I saw the Martian’s teeth

They were blue underneath

So we charged him with treason

And for no good reason

He was evicted into deep space

Where he vanished without a trace

The moral of this fable

Is don’t leave a blueberry pie

Unattended on a table



 

No comments:

Post a Comment