Monday, January 8, 2018

"Africa" by John Kaniecki

Africa

By John Kaniecki

Africa she cannot part
Her home is in my heart
You tore me from my love to have me hated
Chained on a slave ship I was degraded
Sent to harsh toil in a foul wicked land
Whipped and beaten by an arrogant hand
Mothers raped, children sold on the auction block
I was made like an animal another of the stock
But in my soul through soft whispers we spoke
We never forgot her despite our iron yoke
Shine on Africa shine on so all can see
I will fight for I must be free
I am not a slave but a prince noble and grand
I am from Africa cannot you understand
See my skin dark brown it is not a shame
You hate my spirit; you’ve but your evil to blame
Africa, they brought me here to bind me in a cage
I have awoken, you will learn my rage
Shine on Africa fulfill our destiny
There will be no peace until you are one with me
Africa such are the lessons you teach
Africa your sweetness is now within reach

Africa Poem Video

Africa is a poem from my book “Poet To The Poor, Poems Of Hope For The Bottom One Percent”. Check out my book of revolutionary poetry.  



No comments:

Post a Comment