Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Revolution Made Easy Chapter 1 My Resume

Chapter 1 My Resume

          The question is “What qualifies you to write a book about revolution?”
 I could present some tangible qualities to impress upon the mind. I am a graduate of Montclair State University with a degree in math. I attended Steven’s Institute of Technology and worked closely with the vice president of development. In that capacity I sat at dinner tables with the rich hearing their arrogant stories of misery. As a student there I learned the mind set of those who build weapons to destroy and exactly how an engineer himself is designed.
          I have hitchhiked across the country and I know firsthand the kindness of West Virginia and the cruelty of Texas. I have been in psychiatric hospitals, from some of the finest, to being committed into a state institution. I have worked seven years in the engineering firm to observe the stupidity and greed of business. I have worked three years as a customer service agent observing the blatant racism the job permeated. I stocked shelves for two years working with people being paid starvation wages.
          I have been a peace activist protesting the endless wars every Friday for around eight years. I am a writer and my poetry is very critical of the system and unabashedly tells it like it is. I am a minister and I have worked as a volunteer in the inner city of Newark for over eight years. I am therefore a Christian firmly convicted to the Word of God, never understating the need for both Love and action.
          Finally perhaps most important I am a human being just like you. I am a firm believer in a grass roots movement or the empowerment of the people. That is that the masses must dictate to the governors and not the other way around. I have a strong conviction for making this world a better place because of my presence in it. This work of which I am endeavoring to partake in will be part of both my testimony and my legacy. Together we can make the world a better place as it has been done numerous times before.
          A last note is that I have learned as the Bible says “to be swift to listen and to be slow to speak.” With that in mind I think that I will be posting this book chapter by chapter on my blog to observe comments. A firm believer in synergy together let’s make this book something both inspiring and practical. 

No comments:

Post a Comment