Friday, December 21, 2018

An Open Letter To James Mattis

Dear James Mattis,


I hope you are well and I wish you luck in finding new work. I am confident that you will find something, perhaps as a lobbyist or television commentator.  I would like to thank you for your service to our nation, but I feel that you have only served a certain segment. I truly don’t think that you have served the poor of this land, but I guess that is debatable. I think it is horrific that our young men and women had to become ‘cannon fodder.’ In my mind I recall families scrapping together money so that they could purchase protective armor for military vehicles in Iraq. While this would be perfectly understandable if the Pentagon’s budget were small, it is bloated. We have money to spend developing new sophisticated and horrific weapons but not to adequately protect our troops. This is not entirely your fault, nor are you to blame that over twenty of our veterans commit suicide every day. Alas, I sadly must say that you have contributed to this problem by conducting business as usual.

 Let us be perfectly honest and admit that if things don’t change in the world, the United States will be waging war against both China and Russia. In your letter, you refer to them as “strategic competitors.” Unless the United States finds some way to undermine these sovereign governments as they have done in Chile, Iran and elsewhere, war looms near. I am confident you do understand that there is no winning a nuclear war. Furthermore, even a war without using nuclear weapons war would cause the deaths of tens of millions of people if not hundreds of millions. I find this unacceptable.

James, might I suggest to you that you are not identifying the enemy correctly. War is the greatest evil that mankind has ever created. Think of all that is involved in war. Imagine what all those engineers and brilliant minds could have done with their talents instead of inventing satanic weapons of destruction. Think of the high cost of lives of soldiers and civilians. Think of the massive destruction of civilization. Think of the polluting of the environment. Think of the ill will and the hatred that is caused. War itself is the enemy.

So we need to ask that question, and that is ‘Why do we have war?’ The answer is very simple; people profit off of war. They don’t only make a little they make immense amounts of wealth. I am sure you understand the propaganda, lies, and manipulation that occur to wage wars in the first place. We are not fighting a war on terror but rather the United States has become the terroristic nation. To prove this fact I only need to count the dead, see where they died and find out who killed them.

While I am not a big fan of President Donald Trump I applaud his announcement to withdraw troops from Syria. It is a step in the right direction. The wrong direction is Armageddon. Perhaps that event of Biblical proportions is inevitable, but I would like to delay that dark day for as long as possible. Peace motivates me to write this letter.

If you care to visit and civilly talk things over, I more than welcome you to my home. I do not know your history intimately, but I am quite confident that you are vastly more acquainted with the horrors of war than am I. My expertise lies in understanding Jesus Christ who among the many titles he wears is called “The Prince of Peace.” He has commanded us to love even our enemies. While perhaps that might sound illogical to a military man like you it makes perfect sense. In fact that one commandment, if adhered to, may prevent a nuclear holocaust.

Sincerely,


John Kaniecki 

No comments:

Post a Comment